ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frost Mage app

Anonymous
    Doom

Frost Mage app Empty Frost Mage app

Post by Doom 23/10/2011, 16:31

Dear ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED,

A little about myself: RL Doomsiren! aka Alex Buxton

I am a 25 year old man from the Cotswolds England. After a brief stint in advertising in London I have now moved out to the countryside to open an art gallery. Being my own boss gives me a bit of freedom for RBG I am a complete wow addict and if my girlfriend can't deal with it... she knows the score!

I started playing World of Warcraft midway through Wrath of the Lich King. After previously playing Ultima Online for 10 years and creating and establishing a fun and exciting pvp community. Eventually RL got the upper hand for a while (I went to work in the Amazon Jungle) Upon return my little brother recommended WoW to heklp with the reality shock. I have not looked back!

In game experience:

I started on his realm, ignorantly not realising it was not a PvP realm since this is all I do.

I levelled from 10-85 in BGs and am very proud to have done less than 500 quests in over a year of playing the game (over 4 months /played) and even fewer dungeons or raids.

Upon realising the lack of end game PvP once geared and familiar with the mechanichs I created a guild with a friend from the game "The Mechanism".

I believe this was Draenors first dedicated PvP guild to grow above 200 members.

I have had great fun, made some amazing friends, some I have actually travelled to holland to hang out with through this and together we achieved some modest goals.

However

Being a predominantly PvE server players upon reaching a certain level of skill often become bored and frustrated with the lack of readily available skilled and knowledgable players to combine with for Arena and RBG.

I did my best to school people using war-games and sacrificing huge amounts of rating to try and help people up their game. Unfortunately a lot of good friends gre tired and migrated to other servers. There were also problems with my co-guildmaster losing his temper frequently and upsetting players, sometimes unfairly.

A combination of these factors has lead to me selling out my share of the guild and forcing me to follow in the footsteps of so many good friends and brothers of the battlefield - A server hop.

In addition to this I feel as though I have reached a point in my game play where I need to be playing with people who are better than me, who live and breathe PvP like myself. Hoping to find a guild who provide a friendly environment for this to happen.

Gameplay

I use the following addons:

Aloft
    Arena Spy
    DBM Spelltimers
    Gladius - Obviously!
    Gryphons remover
    Healers have to die
    Interrupt bar
    Kill shot - "for the s"
    Macaroon
    Miks scrolling battletext
    Omni CC
    Power auras Classic
    Quartz
    Recount
    Pre-form enabler - Very good fun
    X-perl unit frames

Arena Experience:

Arenas won - 737

Arenas played - 1495

Highest team ratings:

2v2 - 1815
    3v3 - 1988
    5v5 - 1601

RBG Experience:

RBG won: 160

RBG played: 300

I have levelled every class to around 50 to get an idea of their cooldowns and playstyles.

I hope to continue to learn and progress and make some great friends along the way. I hope to be an active and contributing recruit of the guild.

Let the heads roll and the blood flow! Hope to see you all out there.

Doomsiren - Síren

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril. When you are ignorant of the enemy, but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain in every battle to be in peril.

Sun Tzu - The Art of War
    Cléavage
    Cléavage

Frost Mage app Empty Re: Frost Mage app

Post by Cléavage 23/10/2011, 20:12

as well written as this is, i regret to inform you our guild has decided to go inactive until further notice. We are enjoying other games, some of us still play in other guilds, so for now. I will have to say sorry but we are not taking in members.

Thanks anyway.

Current date/time is 8/5/2024, 16:16